The Nook Class & Retreat Terms & Conditions
Yoga Class & Retreat Booking Terms & Conditions @ The Nook and all venues where the Nook will be hostings yoga activities.
1. Places will be given on a first-come-first-served basis & your booking is only secure on receipt of the correct payment and a completed Booking Form. Unless you select specific dates at the time of booking, payments will be assumed to relate to consecutive classes. Payment and the return of completed booking form information will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. CLASS POLICY - Due to the short duration, specialist nature, and small class sizes, payments for classes are non-refundable we will however transfer the class to an alternative date if notice is given 24 Hours before class. Please note the alternative date will depend on availability and the class schedule.
2B. RETREAT & WORKSHOP POLICY
Depending on when you cancel, cancellation penalties may apply.
Fees are determined by the following schedule:
If you cancel 30 days onwards before your retreat start date, 75% of your payment may be applied to another Retreat. You will forfeit 25% of the price of your retreat.
If you cancel 15 – 29 days before your retreat start date, 40% of your payment may be applied to another Retreat. You will forfeit 60% of the price of your retreat.
If you cancel 14 days or less before your retreat start date, you will forfeit your entire payment.
Exceptions to our policy cannot be made for any reason. We do not offer credit for a guest arriving late or leaving early. You must submit your signed Participant Agreement form within one week of booking or 90 days prior to retreat start date, whichever comes first. Guests who fail to do so may be subject to an automatic cancellation and the above policy will apply.
I make every effort to tailor the classes specifically to your individual requirements and physical abilities. This requires advanced preparation and spaces resulting from cancellations can’t always be filled at short notice. Therefore, late cancellations cannot be refunded, although a place on an alternative class may only be offered discretionally and subject to availability.
3. In the unlikely event that the class or retreat is canceled you will receive as much notice as possible, and a full refund or the opportunity to transfer to an alternative date. However, The Nook cannot accept responsibility for any other costs you may have incurred.
4. Whilst Covid-19 poses a risk to health you must not come to the studio if you are feeling unwell, are a person at high risk, have experienced any of the symptoms related to the virus within the past 21 days or have been in contact with anyone who has/ had symptoms within the same period. Beyond Covid I would ask that everyone continues to respect the health of others and takes every effort not to spread viruses to other people by not attending classes if feeling unwell.
5. Whilst every effort will be made in the classes to provide practices, exercises and training which are suitable to all students, it is the duty of the student to inform the teacher of all illnesses or weaknesses of whatever nature which might render the practices, exercises or training injurious or unsuitably strenuous to the individual in question.
6. If you are unsure as to whether or not you should practice yoga due to health problems please consult your doctor.
7. You are responsible for practicing within your own comfort levels. It is not necessary for the student to undertake all the practices, exercises and training suggested by the teacher. All practices, exercises and training will be undertaken voluntarily and in the event of accident or injury no claim will lie against the teacher, the owner of the premises or the organiser of the classes.
8. Mats and props will be provided for all students, although you are also welcome to bring your own. If joining online classes you are solely responsible for setting up your yoga space safely. You will need a comfortable space to do yoga. Somewhere reasonably quiet where you feel you can relax. It should also be large enough to lay out your yoga mat and to spread your arms out to the sides of your mat. If possible set your screen in a position that will allow me to see you on your mat. Students should wear comfortable clothing suitable for performing exercises. Yoga is usually done in bare feet.
9. Your contact details (name, email, telephone number, and emergency contact) are required so that I can contact you to confirm class details, including the cancellation of classes, and in case of emergencies. Your contact information is collected solely by The Nook, in relation to services that I provide. It is never shared with other organisations. It is stored electronically on Outlook, and a hard copy of your booking form is stored securely in my office for a period of 5 years after which time it is deleted/shredded. You can request that your data is removed from my system at any point by contacting me directly. Such requests will be acted upon immediately.
10. The studio will not open until 10 minutes before the class starts to allow students to enter the studio in a safe socially distanced manner. You will receive instructions on how to do this in advance of visiting the studio. Zoom classes will commence a few minutes in advance of the class start time but you may enter a Zoom waiting room in advance of this. Please note that if you arrive after the class has started it may not be possible to admit you to the class, either in-studio or online.
I’m only human and, whilst I try my best I can’t be perfect! Any feedback will be gratefully received.
I will endeavor to resolve genuine problems quickly and satisfactorily if you contact me by email or telephone.
Please get in touch if you have any questions, Thank You The Nook Team